Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Different Property and Another Delay

Well, things just didn't work out on that last piece of property that I had tried so hard to get. It was so very frustrating. Getting the old abandoned gas well secured and getting all the paperwork on the property updated, turned out to be such a no answer run around and hassle that the realtor finally just pulled it off of the market. So .... I was once again on the search for that just right property to move to, at an affordable for me price.

Amazingly, I found one even better! It is 8 beautiful wooded acres of wilderness with a year round creek running through one side of it. I would have been absolutely sick if I had actually closed on the other property and then saw this one.

The property had literally just been posted for sale when I saw it on an online ad. I went and looked at it and got the ball rolling as soon as I could to get under contract with it. Things appeared to be going smoothly, for the most part. I was just a few days away from closing after a month long wait, then one delay came up that ran the closing date over by a week or so. Once again, that new closing date was almost here. Then . . . . .

I got a phone call last week informing me that the abstract office had lost the work order for the abstracting process! The abstract office had never started the abstracting on my property!!!  NOOOOO!!!! They are starting it now, putting the closing date on my soon to be property, yet another month away. Dang, dang, dang.

I  don't know why this is happening. I am sure there is some reason for it... some reason that I may not even ever know, some reason that is important.... some reason for the delay to put me where I need to be, when I need to be. I don't know. I am trying very, VERY hard to be patient. But it is getting really hard! I do not relish the idea of moving in the heat of the summer, but at the moment, that is what it is looking like I am going to be doing. I will still be okay with it if I can just get moved ... period!

Please help keep the good thoughts coming on this. Thank you so much for stopping in. Have a fantastic day!

Friday, April 7, 2017

Spring Yellow!

   Daffodils are my favorite flowers of Spring! They are so bright and cheery after the cold and drab colors of Winter!

Monday, February 20, 2017

The Property Search Continues . . . .

  Searching for the right piece of property to move my farm to, once again, has turned out to be much more difficult than I had even imagined. I knew it would not be easy in the least, especially since I have ultra meager funds to acquire a piece of land with, but I never thought it would be as difficult as it has been. Oh, my, have land prices gone up!!!

Still, I did end up finding a great piece of property (5 beautiful acres of mostly flat land with a few trees and a small creek) and I have been so excited! I have been visually laying out where I wanted to put things and how I wanted to set my animals back up. I made it all the way to the point of taking out the loan and setting a tentative closing date, but then . . ..

.  . . .  some clinkers got thrown into the fan! Most of them were not so big that they couldn't be dealt with or worked around, but then the biggest clinker of them all . . . . an old, abandoned gas well was found on the property. It has to be properly secured before the sale can go forward.

I did some searching as to what all securing that old, abandoned gas well would entail. I could get lucky and it could be done very quickly and simply, but the standard shows that it could take months, even years, before it is sealed off, there are hundreds of them awaiting the same task. Then there is the possible issue of the abandoned well contaminating the ground water (might not ever be able to drill a water well), the creek, the plants, and so on. This is something to definitely do some serious pondering and research on before I close on this property.  This stinks!

I haven't given up on this beautiful property, yet, but my bid is sitting on hold at the moment, and I am going to continue to search and look at some other properties while we all wait to hear back and see how long it will take to get the abandoned well sealed off. I have found one more interesting sounding property to go look at this week. With some prayers and good thoughts, wish me luck.

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Granny Annie's Farm is Coming Back!

YES! Granny Annie's Farm is coming back!

For those that have been following along with my story of how I lost my farm and home just over a year ago, I will be continuing that story at a future time. For now, though, I need to concentrate on restarting my farm and homestead in a new location. Feel free to ask any questions you have, though.

It didn't work out where I currently am (farming as a couple), so I am once again moving. I have been searching high and low for just the right (and meagerly affordable) property to begin Granny Annie's Farm over on. I am working on acquiring a specific piece of property. It has hit some snags, but still very hopeful.

I will be beginning Granny Annie's Farm and Homestead all over, from the ground up. Everything will have to be rebuilt. I would love for you to follow along, as I begin life anew, totally from scratch, from the ground up. I will do my best to share it all, the good, the bad and the funny.

So come on and follow along as this old Granny, once gain, begins my life and farm all over, with my fur babies and feathered friends in tow. I am sure it will be a very interesting and entertaining ride!

Thanks for stopping in and have a fantastic day!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Phone Call Run Around

 After that final moving day, I had my cry, I had my wallow, then I got up one morning, sucked it up, and headed for the phone with great determination to get permission to go back and get my belongings from my wrongfully foreclosed house (that, too, will be explained in future posts).

First, I was going to call the bank that actually now owns my home. But it is a German bank and I could not find a possible way to do that. At the last court date, what I did learn was that Bank of America (who used to hold the mortgage), had long ago sold the mortgage to Deutsche Bank. That bank now owns my property, but Bank of America services it for them. Kind of mind boggling, isn't it?

After a bit of run around, I called the law firm that had represented Deutsche Bank in court. The law firm told me that I needed to call the real estate agent that did the lockout, is now handling the property for the bank, and make arrangements with them to go get my things. They said that the realtor would probably be glad to set an appointment with me. The law firm (which has been very nice and helpful through all of this) gave me the name of the realtor and her number.

I called the number and talked to the woman I had been referred to. She said that she was NOT the realtor that did the lockout. She said that she had refused to take it, due to the condition of the house (it has repeatedly flooded) and impossibility of selling it. She said that she had no idea who was handling the property, that everyone that she knew of that had been asked, had refused it.

I called the lawyer's office back and told them that the person they referred me to was not the right one, that she had refused to do the lockout. The law firm said that that was who they had down that had done the lockout, that she had originally refused, but that she went ahead and did it. I said that I had just talked to her and that she made it clear that she did not have any part in the lockout... that she was not there. But the person I spoke with at the law firm that represented the bank, had no idea who else it could have been. She said that the lockout had taken place and that was the person they had down that it took place with. So with a sunken heart, I politely hung up. I had gotten no where.

A couple of days later the law firm called! They had looked deeper into the matter and finally found the correct person that had done the lockout. They gave me his name and number. My heart sank once again. This was the person that had,.a couple of months before, mailed me fake paperwork to try and get me to move out faster in exchange for a huge sum of money (this, too, will be explained in future posts) and had harassed me with countless phone calls for months before that. In the end he (Brian K. Kirk) had declined taking the lockout, after which it went to the first person I had been referred to that had also declined it. Somehow, at the last minute, Brian Kirk had agreed to do the lockout.

Next post ..... my phone conversation with Brian Kirk.