Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Soap Making

It has been a looong, hot summer! It was difficult to get much of anything done other than trying to keep plants and critters watered and cool enough, but now the cooler days of Fall have finally arrived.

With those cooler days of Fall, I have gotten back into my soap making. Once you ever get started, it can be pretty addicting!  I love creating new kinds, but the one that seems to be the most popular at the flea market is simply my plain Old-Fashioned Lye Soap. I prefer a more vegetable based soap, but I have been amazed at how many prefer this plain, simple, lard based soap.

I took several kinds with me to the flea market this weekend, but, once again, this plain one is the one that went best. At the end of the day, today, I was surprised when I realized that I was nearly out of it again! Looks like that will be the first one I will be pouring this week. Guess I better pour up a few extra batches this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment